Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Power of God's Word

Today as I was studying the Bible, I realized that nothing else could make Paul or the others give up their life. Think about it Paul was relentless in his passion to see people come to follow Jesus Christ. The question I had to ask myself, have I taken God's Word for granted?

I am a preacher, I get "paid" to read and study the Bible; right? Not exactly. It should be stated that I have the privilege to allow God's Word to so permeate my life that when I preach it is from an overflowing life. As a student of the Bible I want to study, and explain and expound on God's Word. But maybe what I really need to do is to allow God's Word to expand in me.

David said "Thy word have I hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against thee." (Psalm 119:11) When I sin, have I forgotten the power of God's Word? When I sin have I made God to small to handle my need or craving? No, when I sin I choose to substitute the power of God's Word with the (miniscule) power of my will.

The choice is yours, will you allow God's Word to live in you? It will give you hope to carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment