Friday, March 20, 2009

I'm Loving Life

Hey I am 40 years old and although I am not as young as I used to be, I am also not as stupid as I used to be! Just ask my wife, I really said and did some stupid things. But you know what I love the life that God has given to me. I have the greatest job in the world, and I don't even have to figure out how to balance the national debt! I have the greatest wife, great kids and I get to stand in as God's spokesman on most Sundays. What is not to love about that?

Don't get me wrong I still have troubles and trials, but I have someone I can take them to. And so can you. I have come to realize that there are some things that I am really good at, and then there are some things that I have to really try hard. Take for instance basketball, just because I am really tall doesn't mean I play really well. We have a church league and I am a sub and I take my share of the beating under the basket, but I love the relationships that are accompanying the bruises! One of our fans said "you really have improved", just imagine if I really knew what I was doing! I turned to one of the guys in our church, and I responded after a brutal two minute beating out on the court HA HA, "there is got to be an easier way to be friends." BTW, we won , and our team is in the semi-finals. Our worship leader and our guitar player are phenomenal players, as well as the other guys who play. So know that this is a team effort with the Pastor cheering(as I pant) from the sidelines.

I love the life I have been given because there is so much to be thankful for, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment