Monday, June 1, 2009

My Message to the Class of 2009

I attended our annual Baccalaureate yesterday and as I listened to the students and the organizers of this service speak I began to ask the question, "what is God's plan for their life?" I really was asking that question about the Seniors who will graduate later on this week. If you have been to many graduations, and or celebrations for graduates you have probably heard the same things.
"The rest of your life is ahead of you." You can do anything you put your mind to." "The sky is the limit." Without sounding too pessimistic I wonder if we really believe that. Are those just words that are supposed to encourage and motivate or do we really believe that these things are true? Since I was not the speaker yesterday I could not share these thoughts, so I will share with you what I believe we should tell the Class of 2009.

  • Life passes by too fast, don't waste it on empty pursuits. Find out why you were created and live a "purpose driven" life.
  • There are going to be limitations in our lives, and there will be setbacks. Don't allow these things to keep you from fulfilling God given dreams.
  • High School is not the end of your education, it has just prepared you to be educated in this thing we call life.
Congratulations to the Class of 2009, enjoy this time of celebration as you prepare for the rest of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment