Thursday, June 25, 2009

How Do We Let It Go?

Yesterday I dealt with what keeps people from letting it go, now today I want to briefly address how we can let it go.

1. Forgive this person and release God to work in their life: Understand that most problems begin with small misunderstandings. We must choose to forgive, and ask God to help us when we think about what they have done to us.

2. Pray for this person: Begin to make this your practice. When you those feelings surface begin to pray for their family, their walk with God, their ministry etc. Bless them in Jesus name. There will be a time when you will want to spend a lot of time telling God how mad you are about this or how it hurts you.

3. Don't discuss your problems with others at first: You will need sometime to process what has taken place. If you immediately discuss it with others you will re-live those feelings of hurt. It is like pulling off the band aid and picking at the scab. Let the healing begin.

I can tell you that I wish I would have employed some of these things when I was going through a tough time. It took me three years before I could say I had forgiven this person. Please keep in mind, I made the choice to stay stuck in unforgiveness. Don't make the same mistake I made. It doesn't have to take this long.

Let it go, and allow God to start the healing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment