Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What Matters Most

Today I was thinking about some of the experiences of my life up until now. My life has been full of building relationships not knowing what would happen afterwards. To put it another way, in every place I have been we have made some dear friends and acquaintances. At the time I had no idea that we would cross paths again. Let me explain.

When I was a Youth Pastor in my 20's I was part of a church that was just starting. There was a family that took me in as a part of their family.I still remember thinking this is the good life, I had a family that thought I mattered, and cared for me.

There were kids in the church at the time that were never in my classes or a part of what I was doing but I treated them as though they were just that important. This is just how I was taught. Now fast forward many years I find that two of these "kids" are now planning on getting married, and guess who they asked to do the ceremony? I have accepted and I am honored to conduct the wedding. Why do I tell you all of this?

What matters most is that you mattered to a child in your lifetime. Here is the challenge, whether it is your kids or other children treat them like they are the most important dignitary. You will never regret that decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment