Thursday, October 22, 2009

Nineveh or Sodom and Gomorrah



I am studying the first two chapters of Jonah for my message Sunday. As I am studying I am learning about Nineveh and how evil they were. Their cruelty included torture, dismemberment and evil of all kind. It sounds like an episode of N.C.I.S. or one of those forensic crime shows. But here is the question that I want to pose to you my readers, is America more like Nineveh or Sodom and Gomorrah?

Think before you answer this question. Is God going to judge us or give us another chance? The wickedness in both places was equally disturbing, and the cry to Heaven was heard by God. The only difference that I see was that Nineveh was sent a prophet (albeit reluctant) to extend the mercy and grace of God to the Ninevehites. This is the amazing part, they heard the message and repented! On the other hand Sodom and Gomorrah did not repent before God, and they were destroyed. Here is my answer to the question.

I believe that America will repent and we should pray that God gives us a second chance. America is not so far gone yet, but we as Christians must cry out to the Lord. I am told that there are people from other countries who are sent to be missionaries to America, who knows what God will do when we pray.

America stands at a crossroads and it is our duty to pray that God will give us a second chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment