We went by to see our old house and there was our next door neighbor! Then we went up the road and saw Jonny's 1st grade teacher and her family, it was nice to catch up and share some memories. But the nicest surprise happened at our next stop. We had planned on going to see our pastor friends in Roseburg, and they said that we stay at their house and have a BBQ with them. What they didn't tell us was the surprise.
When we came around the corner we saw that there was a big gathering in their front yard. Then it occurred to me that they had invited people from our old church! What a great way to catch up with everyone again. I was so glad to be able to talk with these dear folks and let them know what we were up to. We appreciate our friends for doing this without us knowing. Here are some other surprises.
- My son Drew screamed the whole time we were at their house (he's almost two)
- Things really hadn't changed too much
- How many miles we had to drive while we were on vacation
- How really windy it was at the Oregon Coast
- How much the Sea Lion Caves smell!
- How much sunburn can really hurt!
Take heart today Christian friend that with all the surprises that life throws at you God will always be there, and that should not take you by surprise.