Monday, July 13, 2009

Being Effective

Today I began my day making a list of all the things that I need to do in the near future. Why? Because if I don't write it down it wont get done. If I do this I find that I can begin to weed out the unimportant non urgent stuff from the very important tasks. I always feel better when I do this even though these tasks still have to be done. Then I had a thought, what is more important doing all these things or being effective?

I would have to choose being effective over checking off a to do list, here's why. What if I did all these things but sacrificed family time and time with people in the community to do it? Is that really being effective? Did Jesus have a to do list, or a planner or an i-phone? No, but He knew what He was supposed to do, and He did it. That is how I want to be, I want to live my life for the purpose of pleasing God, how about you?

Let me conclude by saying nothing is wrong with to do lists or any other system that helps you to accomplish your responsibilities. The question is are you be effective by focusing on the important things?

No comments:

Post a Comment