Monday, July 20, 2009

Celebration of a Life

Today was my Uncle Dan's funeral, correction Celebration of his life. It was good to see family and friends for this time. But it caused me to realize that life is so short. This is a time when we all begin to think about our life. The question that I have for you is what will be the legacy that you will leave behind?

As I was standing there with family during the viewing I heard people say nice things about my Uncle Dan, and the question that came to mind was, "what do I want people to say about me at my funeral?" Is there something that I can do so that people will say nice things, or rather true things about me? Here are three things that I want to suggest that will help us leave a legacy.

  • Start with the end in mind (Start today living an honorable life so that others will be impacted by your actions.)
  • Live for others (Do things to serve others. Make sure you keep the perspective of using your gifts to bless others.)
  • Keep your commitments (be a man or woman of your word.)
Tomorrow I will share about my uncle and his service.

No comments:

Post a Comment