Wednesday, July 8, 2009

People Need the Lord

Today I was at Starbucks outlining Sunday's sermon in Romans Chapter 9. I don't normally do sermon preparation at Starbucks, but maybe I should. Let me share with you some things that I observed while I was at Starbucks.
  • People will really pay $4 for a cup of coffee!
  • People really feel like they belong at Starbucks
  • People make it a habit to go to Starbucks
  • BUT most importantly, people really need hope in their lives. (Sorry Starbucks can't do that.)
I was sitting minding my own business when I overheard a girl of about 15 or 16 saying to the girl behind the register, " I better go see my Mom she is probably passed out somewhere." Does your heart break when you hear things like that? I know that it breaks God's heart. Could it be that we have become so callous to the needs of people around us, that we label them and ignore them. Maybe we should look beyond the exterior and see that these people are crying out on the inside. People really need the Lord. Take a look at this video and see what I mean



I think I am going to get out of the office more. My prayer is that you would see those people that pass you in a new way today.

No comments:

Post a Comment