Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Message Behind Palm Sunday

I have been studying the passage found in Luke 19:28-44. I have come to the conclusion that this is the end of the story and not the beginning of the story. The Triumphal Entry is the last indicator that Jesus is looking for those who are ready for His coming.

Lately I have grown tired with well meaning Christians who are talking about such catastrophic events that are to come about. Not that I don't believe that they will come about, but it is the way that they are presenting these things. It is with a tinge of fear, as if to say "you better get right or you have no right to expect the protection of God!" Hear me out, I do believe that things are not going to get any better. I believe that we can expect to see more acts of aggression against the United States and her allies, but I do not believe that we should fear these events. If I am anchored in Jesus, I need to trust Him with all my heart. I am not looking for bad things to happen, I am looking for Jesus to take care of me.

Here it is. The message of Palm Sunday is that Jesus is seeking those who will recognize His soon return.

No comments:

Post a Comment