My wife and I have begun to walk and pray together in the mornings. This is normally "my time", but I have found that it can be "our time". My prayer life is better than it has been, and I feel closer to my wife. When I explain to my wife how much I have to do she helps me focus on the important more than the urgent. I am also in my overhead because I am doing things that I have never done before! Let me give you a list
- I am the Father of four children (no instruction manual was given with the children)
- I am a husband (I have somewhat overcome my selfish nature)
- I am a Pastor (My Dad or his Dad were hard working men, not saints)
- I have achieved two Masters Degrees (In High School I didn't apply myself)
- I have applied to a Graduate School (I like to read books, but can I write one?)
- I don't have any good ideas (that work anyway) about how to make a church grow
Maybe it is good to be in over your head. I mean we are all doing things that are challenging, and at the same time very rewarding. My life and your life would be boring without these challenges. A thought for today: Being in over your head is okay, as long as you know who to call when it becomes too much for you.