Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Daily Devotions

I have a confession to make. Most times my devotions aren't anything real special. No angelic visitations or words of prophecy, etc. Yes, my times with the Lord are normal. Does that shock you? It shouldn't, because there are times when it seems all of Heaven comes down and I am close to the Lord. So here is the question. Is this the way God meant things to be?

I think so. There is something about finding the miraculous in the mundane. What was Moses doing when he encountered the burning bush? Fasting? Praying? Try keeping sheep. You heard me right, he was doing what he was supposed to be doing. Could it be possible that we are looking for the miraculous and we are missing it in the mundane?

Here is the challenge. Don't seek the miraculous, but meditate on the mundane.

No comments:

Post a Comment