Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Do What You Are Called to Do

I am here at Annual Conference and it is good hearing from leaders that are doing ministry better than me. This is always really stretching because I have to evaluate why I am doing what I am doing? The only caveat emptor (warning) is to remember where you are ministering.

This is difficult when you see and hear who are "successful". The down side to this is to feel bad about what you are doing, or to feel like you are not doing enough. Here is what I have learned.

God has called me to Warden, and He doesn't expect me to Pastor Warden like it is done in another community or setting. The people in Warden are not unlike other people. They enjoy relationships, good food and want to feel a part of something bigger than themselves. I am convinced we need to contextualize what we hear and bring it to the place we live and minister.

I have been given the assignment to Pastor in a rural setting, and it fits me well. The question we need to ask ourselves is, "how can I use the principles of what I just heard to extend the Kingdom of God in Grant County?"

If we do what we are called to do then we will be obedient to the Lord's calling. Bloom where you are planted.

1 comment:

  1. You are a blooming, my friend. Based on the things you tell me about your church... You are doing it well, and I learn from you.

    ReplyDelete