Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Twelve Days of Christmas



My family and I are reading a good book about Christmas traditions and how they have roots in Christianity. Take for instance the song "The Twelve Days of Christmas." It seems like a very silly song, but actually it has great meaning.

I won't go into all of the meanings behind this song, but let me give you two symbols and what they mean.

- The partridge is a bird that will give its life for its young (type of Christ).
- The two turtle doves are symbolic of the Old and the New Testament.
There are many more symbols and I will give you a link to discover all of the meanings. Let me challenge you today to sing Christmas songs for they have the story of Christ. Merry Christmas.

Here is that link below:
http://www.crivoice.org/cy12days.html

No comments:

Post a Comment