Wednesday, December 9, 2009

He Heard My Cry



There was a song written in the 80's by U2 that was entitled "40". This is a song from Psalm 40. I was reading that psalm today and was humming the melody in my head. It is funny how that was so many years ago and I can remember it the first time I heard it.

Let me share with you some things from Psalm 40.

1. Those who wait upon the Lord will have their cry answered
2. Those who wait upon the Lord will feel the Lord close to them
3. Those who wait upon the Lord will be brought out of the pit and have their
steps established.
4. Those who wait upon the Lord will have a new song.

Could it be far too often we are in a pit of some kind and we complain instead of cry out to the Lord. There is a difference you know. I encourage you today to cry out to the Lord and have the assurance that He has heard your cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment