Thursday, August 27, 2009

Not on My Job Description

Just added another of the many things we were not trained to do in Bible College. Here it is hedge trimming. Sounds easy you say, just try it. All you are supposed to do is make everything even and sort of shape the bush right. Well what happens when you "take too much off of the top?" It looks like a haircut gone bad! LOL!

The first or hedge I trimmed was kind of "bald" in places, the second one was not terribly even and by the time I got to the fourth hedge I was perfecting my method. Just think I still have several huge hedges to do today! Why am I telling you about my experience (or inexperience some might say) with yard work? Because it reminds me how God looks at us.

Listen to what I Corinthians 1:26 "For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble are called." This gives me hope, I don't have to know how to do everything. I do need to know how to do some things. "God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called." God is looking for you to open up your hands and use your talent, or be willing to learn something new. Embrace that challenge for your life today.

It was not on my job description to trim hedges, but I will gladly do it. Why? Because they will eventually grow back! LOL! Seriously because I serve the Lord. Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment