Saturday, January 2, 2010

No More Death


Today was the funeral of the man in our community. The church building was packed and there was standing room only. Well what do you expect from a man who has 7 kids, 27 grandchildren and 10 great grandchildren? What a great heritage and legacy to leave behind.

I was given permission by the family to preach the Gospel and preach I did. I had a translator who is a prominent member in our community, and he did a great job. I told the people that Jesus is the only way to Heaven, and we had a great response. I look forward to building some relationships with these folks I have just met. Okay, let me stop rambling.

Today at the funeral there were a lot of tears shed. I hate death and what it does to the people that we love the most, and yet death is a doorway to eternity. I think I know how Jesus may have felt at the funeral of Lazarus, He loved Lazarus and He cried over what death has done. Death is a separation from God, but for the Christian it is a graduation to our Heavenly home. I love that passage in Revelation 21:4 that says "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes and there shall be no more death..." What a great promise to know that there is coming a day that we shall have our tears wiped away by God and there will be no more death.

Come quickly Lord Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment