Monday, March 15, 2010

Getting Ready for a Road Trip


In a few weeks I will be driving with my family to Louisiana. Geaux Saints!!! I have been asked to do a wedding for a young lady in the church in Amite. I met her (she was 2!) and her family in 1991 and we have kept in touch for a long time. Needless to say that I am excited about going back to Louisiana to see old friends and let me kids see where we lived for a while. This kind of anticipation is a good thing, is this how it is supposed to be for Christians?

I know that am going to be with Jesus in Heaven one day, but sometimes it is hard to get excited about that fact. I forget about how soon that could be, and most times I am so busy with the stuff around me. I have been doing some thinking. Maybe I should begin to clear out the clutter and start getting ready for this trip to Heaven. I want to be anticipating Heaven as much as I anticipate this road trip. I have a lot more to do before I am ready for this trip down south, but I am ready for Heaven. How about you?

2 comments:

  1. Dido....I'm ready. Have a save trip across country. Our Holy God wants His children to have an abundence of life as long as "we" don't put anything "above" Him. May our Lord continue to bless you. God bless, Lloyd

    ReplyDelete