1. Infant (dependent upon someone else)
2. Child (independent, "I can do it myself.")
3. Adult (interdependent, "I need someone to help me with this.")
Looking at this list I find myself thinking "I know I should be asking for help, but I can handle this." I want my own way and don't want anyone to interfere with my desires. Sounds kind of petty doesn't it? There is one word to describe that tendency, sin. Some might say it is selfishness, or even others would contend that it is an attitude that doesn't reflect the best interests of others. They are all right. I think we need to become dependent on God and interdependent on others, I will give you three reasons.
- We can't do it by ourselves.
- We need to be valued by others as we are valued.
- It is just not much fun when you can't share the burden.
So, are you independent or interdependent? Sure you may be able to do it by yourself, but there are people that need what you have. Today, share your talent with others and find the freedom in not having to do it by yourself.