Monday, August 30, 2010

Written in Stone

Job suffered as very few men ever suffered. He lost his sons and daughters in one day. If that was not enough he lost all of his cattle and sheep, and then he was covered from head to toe in boils. Then his wife told him to curse God and die. And you thought you had a bad day!

Now listen to the hope that springs out of trusting God in the midst of his suffering. "I know that my Redeemer lives and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God." (Job 19:25-26 N.I.V.)

Job said that he wishes his words could be written in stone so that no one who ever went through what he was experiencing would doubt God's providence in their life.

Dear friend you may be going through a trial, but hold onto the fact that your redeemer lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment