Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Too Busy Not to Pray


About 4 years ago I read a book by Bill Hybels "Too Busy Not to Pray." I would recommend this book without reservation as Bill tackles a common topic with uncommon Hybels style. If you are unfamiliar with Bill Hybels, read this book. I was reminded of this book in my devotions this morning as I read Nehemiah chapter 1.

Let me share with you my thoughts about this chapter.

  • His heart was broken by the report of what is going on in Jerusalem, (he was in modern day Iran)
  • He set himself to pray for four months! After this time he had clear direction of what to do about the situation in Jerusalem.
  • He asked the Lord for favor as he would make his request of the king. (Read chapter 2 for more details.
Could I challenge you to bear with a broken heart to the Throne of God the things that trouble you. Secondly, would set a time aside to pray about these situations? Finally will you ask the Lord for favor?

If we go before the Lord He will hear us and He will give us what we ask.

1 comment:

  1. Please God... as I pray and pray to you, speak and speak to/with you, keep looking, looking to/for you, please grant me favors and security. Amen

    ReplyDelete